Sunday, April 29, 2007

DAF's NFL Draft Thoughts


This is definitely the first time in my life when I had a single player on my mind heading into the draft and my team actually came away from the draft with that player. As soon as the combine took place I wanted Greg Olsen on the Bears. However, I thought he would not be there at pick #31 and even had thoughts that the Bears shold trade up to get him. Yet, he was still around and the Bears selected him. Unfortunately, resident shitstain Drew Rosenhaus is his agent but you can't let a sports agent dictate how you run a team, right Lance?
Overall I would give the Bears draft a B+ but anyone who tries to grade a draft the day after is either delusional or Nostradamus so I'll defer a true judgement until at least after preseason. The trade with the Chargers seems like money in the bank given Jerry Angelo's penchant for drafting well in the later rounds and the fact that San Diego seemed willing to give up virtually their whole draft for a safety. We drafted two offensive lineman which I thought should be our other priority. I think we needed a DT over a DE but we'll see how this kid from Central Michigan is. Drafting a LB seems like a good idea too. Drafting 3 DB's means Tillman and Vasher may not be in Bears uniforms after the 2007-8 season. Given recent drafts and the Super Bowl appearance last year, maybe it's time Bears fans apologized.
There are a lot of other stories here which each could get their own blog. Brady Quinn and his ugly anorexic albino girlfriend's expressions as he slipped to #22. The trade of Randy Moss to the Patriots. The continued self-destruction of the Miami Dolphins. Maybe more teams should have payed attention to this:

No comments: